Monday, June 27, 2011

Trip Back To the West

So unfortunately this time I had to drive back by myself.  I didn't end up being too bad because I kind of broke the trip into segments (and because I listened to a whole season of a BONES on the way).

I left Thursday afternoon and drove to the border of Kentucky and Illinois.  I slept there for a few hours at a rest area and then drove to Omaha.  I got to see my friends Ryan and Jackie, who I stayed with on my way out and then the next morning I went and saw a high school friend.


Here is Dave Moore and Myself.  He actually just finished his law degree 
and has been practicing for about a year.
Here Dave and I are with his wife Trinity.  

Here is the whole Moore Family.

I finally left Omaha around 1:30.  I had hoped to leave around noon but was
 having a good time chatting with the Moores.

I ended up getting into Salt Lake City around 1 A.M.
And then I got to spend some time with the Pattersons.
We had a lot of fun.  We went to breakfast in Park city and Darrin and I began a new tradition of playing one set of tennis whenever we can. (at this rate we estimated it will take a decade to finish the match)
Also while I was there, Mindy and Darrin went to a U2 Concert, so I got to babysit Kai.  We had a 
a great time outside kicking the ball and playing basketball.  Then we watched Curious George and read books.  I was supposed to sing him a couple songs before he went to sleep, which I didn't anticipate being a problem.  However apparently I don't know that many.  So, I made several verses up to Book of Mormon stories, and he didn't seem to mind.

Also While I was in Utah I got to see a couple good friends Jeff and Candice at a birthday party for Jeff.

Anyway it has been nice to be back out west and see so many people that I have missed!  Although 
I can say without any reservation I have not missed the weather out here!

No comments: