Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lake Powell

My Friend Jeff Evans invited me to go boating down in lake Powell.  
The scenery was amazing and I met some great people.
So this was crazy!  These people had actually dug out a mountain and built a store in it.
Here is a picture from inside.  Almost all the walls were rock as well.  Pretty cool.
I met some really fun people.  Brittney here let me stay the night at her house before we had ever even met officially.  Very brave of her, although I like to think I am not weird!  Cole and I have actually been friends for along time.  He sold pest control with me my very first year in California, and we realized a couple of years ago that we had a Jeff as a common friend.
Here are Megan, Julie, Camille and Amber.  They were hilarious, and truthfully only Megan knew how to swim.  They wouldn't get in the water unless they could touch the bottom without life jackets.
I thought they were joking at first, but somehow there are 4 girls 
that are at least 24 that don't know how to swim.
Here is my friend Jeff Evans.  The man with the boat that made this awesome trip possible.
The view was amazing.
There we several neat coves and overhangs.
I even jumped off one of the rocks.
We also went and explored some cool Indian ruins.
Here is Brittney in the fire place of one of the huts.
Here are Cole and I looking in tough in front of some Indian paintings.

This was the entrance to one of the small huts.
We actually had to hike through some foliage to get there.  
Here is Jeff and Camille.  And girls wonder why we say they are bad drivers....lol
On the second day we came to this channel and swam back in about 100 yards and then we got to 
follow the canyon through some pools and other cool things.  
We all swam with our thongs on our hands so we could wear them
for the hike once we got there.
This is a typical Jeff picture with two girls.
And Lastly here I am with the all 5 of the girls that went with us!

It was a really fun trip and I was glad I finally made it down to Lake Powell.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You just said "thong". haha i can picture u swimming with your thong on your hand. i just hope it was a man thong.

-Chris