Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Trip to Paradise

So in true Tyler form, I will be posting several blog posts at once. On Saturday(some day in July), My good Friend Alicia Gettys and I left San Diego and headed to Blythe California to visit the Roman's and meet aspen!



We got stopped on the way there at a border patrol station to ensure
that we were actually legal Americans! This is actually the kind of place rocky works occasionally.
Andrea looked great already and their apartment was awesome!
Aspen is so cute! It was fun to meet her and get to hold the first little roman!




As you can clearly see in the photo, I was a big hit with aspen. You can tell she
was having a hard time containing her excitement to meet me!

While we were in Blythe, Alicia and I tried to go for a walk. It was so hot,
I think over 110 degrees, so we headed back to the Roman's apartment.
We decided to go bathing(yes not swimming), because the pool was 97 degrees!
which still felt better than that awful heat. Unfortunately there were so
many dead bugs in the pool it made it hard to really enjoy the experience!

Here is me filling up the gas tank! Brian was kind enough to loan me his car for the trip because I doubt sincerely my Dewey car could have made the voyage!


Another highlight of the trip was some peach rings Alicia purchased as we were leaving San Diego. They melted in the car since nothing can survive that heat. However....you don't let good candy go to waste.....




You know you love the background music!

No comments: