Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Deep Blue Sea/15-17ft down in the ocean!!


At approximately 4:30 a.m. Pacific standard time(yes you read that correctly), We got out of bed to begin an amazing adventure. With roughly 25 minutes of pool diving experience, we embarked on a ocean scuba diving voyage.

(yup still dark outside)





Getting out from the house took a little bit of time due to some equipment issues, but we were eventually on the road. When we arrived at the beach it was light outside overcast.

Brian was paticuarly excited about his gloves.

First off you might notice the powerful knife in my right hand. Brian's father stated several times that I wouldn't need a knife. I on the other hand was confident that it was part of the complete scuba diving experience, so I of course insisted.


Here brian and his father were putting the final touches on the equipment.




Sharks and other undesireables beware!




And we made it back in one piece. If you look closely you will notice that in comparison with the other person in the picture(not singling anyone out). I am definitely picking up a tan in California.

Sorry that it is sideways but it is quite entertaining.

2 comments:

Aves said...

Holy cow! Fun!! I've always wanted to do something like that, but I am such a scaredy-cat! Glad to know you are living it up in CALI!

Darin and Melinda said...

WHOA!!! You guys don't mess around...Can you give me some scuba pointers next time I take a dive?!?